9 TIPS FOR A FUN AND SAFE HALLOWEEN
Halloween is coming soon, and we all want our kids to have fun and stay safe. Here are some tips for your Trick or Treaters.
- Check with your town to see if there is a curfew. Your Tweens and Teens need that info.
- If your kids are going out alone or in a group, know their route ahead of time.
- Make sure that any costume headgear doesn’t block their view.
- If they get too much candy, contact local dentists. Some of them have a buyback program where they’ll take the candy and give the kids something in return.
- Put reflector tape on their costumes so cars can easily see them.
- Check with local Shopping Malls and kid-friendly restaurants. They may have Halloween events indoors.
- If you live in a remote area without a lot of houses, consider hosting a Halloween Party. Check out games and party ideas. Lots of fun ideas and toys here. And don’t forget Goody Bags for your guests.
- At your house, give Toys rather than Candy. Kids love getting small toys because they know that they won’t get taken away. Partypalooza has awesome Trick or Treat Bundles, great for your giveaways.
- Put a Halloween Tablecover on the table and some Zombie Caution Tape around your bowl for festive decorations.
- And there’s always kid-friendly Halloween movies. Pop up some popcorn and let the kids watch movies.
Halloween can be a very fun afternoon and night. Kids love to participate in choosing costumes and props and love going around to houses. With just a little planning, we can keep them safe as well.