Vacation Bible School is a program around the nation that the majority of churches offer. Its purpose includes incorporating themed activities which entertain children with the opportunity to learn about God. Vacation Bible School is a simple way to get children involved in church, and it gives you the chance to meet people inside the church, as well. Church membership isn’t required to be involved and it is a more casual atmosphere.
Vacation Bible School lasts around 5 weekdays within the summer. Kids attend about 3 to 4 hours every day.
VBS teachers are church members who are volunteering their time, as well as church staff. The majority of the church members who are helping out with Vacation Bible Scholl are parents, as well.
Vacation Bible School Activities and Themes
Most Vacation Bible School programs select one theme for that week. They’ll use that theme to creatively adapt it to the Word of God. Sample themes children might experience at VBS include:
A normal day at VBS might involve:
- Character-building activities
- Team lessons
- Snack breaks
- Sports activities
- Puppet shows
- Arts and Crafts
- Bible stories
- Kids learn about religion through age-appropriate, fun activities.
- Life lessons assist each child in learning how to be a friend to others and a good person.
- Ideal for younger kids to get a sense of camp without going away overnight.
- Children meet new friends that share their beliefs.
- You do not need to be a church member to go to Vacation Bible School.
Check out Partypalooza’s new Vacation Bible School toys, games and novelties! We have some theme suggestions for you at the top; also, feel free to browse by theme for other ideas – we have some unusual and hard-to-find items that will make your VBS shine!